Apply for workshop funding from IMI
We have funds available to support academic researchers at the University wishing to host a workshop involving an element of mathematics or data science.
How we can support you
The Institute for Mathematical Innovation provides financial support of typically up to £1000 for workshops that involve an element of mathematics, statistics or data science.
We support workshops that are purely academic in nature, or which are designed to enhance external engagement or cross-campus collaboration.
Most of the workshops we support are primarily aimed at academic researchers, though participants may also include industry researchers and practitioners.
When deciding on which workshops to support we take into consideration the extent to which they contribute to IMI’s mission to develop and apply mathematical sciences research, with a specific focus on:
- economic and societal impact
- supporting interdisciplinary research activities and funding proposals
- generating fundamental insights beyond the mathematical sciences
Senior academic visitor funding
IMI also supports visits from leading national and international researchers. Find out more.
Acknowledging IMI funding and documentation
If IMI supports for your workshop, you must:
- acknowledge our support in all promotional activities
- include IMI's name and logo on workshop documents
- send us the workshop programme at least two months before your event
- send us a one-page report about the workshop and its outcomes within one month of the event taking place
- include the attendance list when submitting your report
How to apply
- You must apply at least two month before your workshop is due to take place
- Applications will be considered on a rolling basis throughout the academic year until the available funds are spent
- Please read the application guidelines before you apply
We have a number of application deadlines throughout the academic year:
- Monday 30 September 2019
- Tuesday 19 November 2019
- Friday 21 February 2020
- Friday 27 March 2020
- Friday 5 June 2020
The IMI Research Panel will review your application, and we will let you know if your application was successful within two weeks of the application deadline.