Bring your Year 9 and 10 students to a University Taster Day
Our free Taster Days will give your students an idea of what universities have to offer, both academically and socially.
Explore different subjects
These Taster Days are aimed at schools and colleges who are able to bring a group of Year 10 students who mostly meet our criteria. Languages Taster Days are for students in Year 9 and include language taster sessions, ideas about careers with languages and the chance to talk to current language undergraduates.
Your students can find out about some of the subjects they could study, including ones they don't study at school.
Brief sessions on a variety of subjects are on offer. This allows students to find out about more than one subject.
Depending on demand, we can cover a number of degree courses from the:
- Faculty of Engineering & Design
- Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences
- Faculty of Science
- School of Management
We will send you more instructions for the day and confirm the subjects your students will learn about before you arrive for your day.
Discover careers and university life
Year 10 Taster Days cover more general information about university. Your students will:
- meet academics and take part in lectures and workshops in a subject of interest to them
- talk to current University students about actual student life
- find out how school and university subjects can lead to a range of careers
- use the University's facilities
- learn about student finance options
- tour our campus
We can only take 90 students per Taster Day.
You can bring up to 30 students from your school and at least one teacher per 15 students.
What happens on the day
Your students usually arrive at 9.45am for a 10am start and leave between 2.00pm and 2.30pm depending upon the school's requirements.
In the morning, they will attend an introduction, tour the campus and go to an academic session.
The afternoon session is more flexible and students may get to meet staff from the Student' Union (The SU Bath) including the sport clubs and societies depending upon their availability.
The order of sessions is subject to change.
Transport and lunch arrangements
Your school must arrange and pay for transport to and from the University. Here is our travel advice. Your students will need to bring a packed lunch.
- Wednesday 14 November 2018 - the deadline for applications is Wednesday 24 October
- Wednesday 28 November 2018 - the deadline for applications is Wednesday 7 November
- Wednesday 12 December 2018 - the deadline for applications is Wednesday 21 November
- Wednesday 5 December 2018 - the deadline for applications is Wednesday 14 November
- Wednesday 6 February 2019 - the deadline for applications is Wednesday 16 January
- Wednesday 27 February 2019 - the deadline for applications is Wednesday 6 February
These dates are subject to change.