BTEC to Bath
A free, online programme to support academically-able BTEC students, in Year 1 of their course, to enable a smooth transition to a degree course at Bath.
A short, online programme dedicated to supporting academically-able BTEC Level 3 students, in Year 1 of their course, to enable a smooth transition from Further Education to a degree course at Bath.
The programme is delivered using student mentors, from our current undergraduates who joined the University with a BTEC background. This allows applicants to gain knowledge from the experiences of these mentors who can give them tips for a successful transition.
This programme builds on your strengths and reduces the misapprehensions many BTEC students have about applying to university.
This programme is timetabled to cover aspects such as:
Identification and improvement of various student skills necessary at university
Looking at examples of relevant Career Pathways and creating a realistic one(s) for the student
Assisting students to raise their self-confidence in the academic, financial and social aspects of Higher Education
Generating a feel-good factor in students regarding applying to Bath by focussing on the facilities on campus and in the city
Giving the students an opportunity to evaluate the programme and create an individual action plan for the next 12 months
- This programme is all about increasing your skill levels be it academic, social, transferrable or communication
- You will be supported by a mentoring system using Bath undergraduates and academic staff on all occasions
- We will offer you the opportunity to look at a choice of realistic academic and career pathways
- It will also give you the chance to discuss, in small groups of BTEC students, your strengths and weaknesses and how to share strategies to improve your self-confidence levels
- Show you what Bath University and the city has to offer you so that when you consider applying via UCAS you are able to make a well-informed decision
Who can apply
You should :
meet one or more of the Widening Participation criteria
be studying a BTEC Level 3 course with the prospect of achieving a qualification in line with University of Bath entry requirements for your chosen course
How to apply
Applications are now open and will close on 12 March 2021. Please see the link below for our online application form.
When applying you will need to:
- provide details of your current qualifications (e.g.BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma) and previous qualifications (e.g. GCSEs)
- submit a statement to explain why you want to study BTEC to Bath
- provide contact details for your parents/carers
- provide contact details of a teacher who can provide a reference