Skip to main content
University of Bath

Choose your student accommodation options

Look at our student accommodation to help you decide where you'd like to live, on campus or in the city.

Students enjoy a cup of tea in their kitchen
Students enjoy a cup of tea in their kitchen

Living in University accommodation

Become part of a great student community that will make you feel like the University of Bath is your home away from home.

You can live on the campus or in the heart of the city, and choose accommodation that comes with credit to buy food and drink.

We manage 3,586 bedrooms on campus and 944 in the city. We have a further 344 bedrooms that are privately managed by Hello Student.

Our accommodation is specially designed with all students in mind. You can pick somewhere to suit your budget and your lifestyle.

If you have a disability or medical condition, let us know and we'll consider your needs when we look at accommodation applications.

No matter where you are, you're never far from transport links with regular buses between campus and the city centre.

Accommodation with Eat and Drink credit

If you're an undergraduate you can apply to stay in accommodation that comes with Eat and Drink credit, so you can buy yourself meals from our range of outlets on campus.

If you choose accommodation without Eat and Drink credit, you can cook for yourself and your flatmates in a communal kitchen.

Eat and Drink accommodation is not available for postgraduates.

Choosing your accommodation options

If you are an eligible student and apply by the 1 July deadline, we can guarantee you accommodation.

The number of options you have will vary based on your course and level of study.

We’ll do our best to place you in your preferred room type, but we cannot guarantee this.

Additional preferences

If you are an eligible first year undergraduate, you can also tell us if you would prefer to live in accommodation that is designated as:

  • Quiet
  • Alcohol free
  • For mature students

If you choose one of these options, it’ll be considered together with your room type preferences, although it is not guaranteed.

Read more about these preferences

We are committed to providing a safe and happy environment for students to live in, whatever their choice of accommodation.

We value diversity and inclusivity and want everyone to be treated with respect.

You may prefer particular accommodation if you are transitioning gender.

You should apply using the additional requirements form so we can do our best to meet your needs.

We may be able to place you in an en-suite bedroom or a studio.

Apply using the additional requirements form

Safe and secure

Bath is considered one of the safest cities in the world and our campus is safe too.

In 2018, the University was ranked second safest in the UK in the Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey. We have also been accredited by the Association of Chief Police Officers as a secure environment. If you live in our accommodation, you will often see our Security team on patrol.

Secure accommodation

You can only access your accommodation with your specially programmed library card and keys. This system helps to keep you and your belongings safe. There is also CCTV on campus, in public areas of accommodation and around the University.

Insurance as part of your package

You will get contents insurance that covers your property against fire, theft and damage.

Check accommodation prices for undergraduate students

Undergraduate accommodation

If you are an eligible first year undergraduate and apply by the 1 July deadline, you are guaranteed accommodation.

On campus

On campus video

Off campus (City centre)

Off campus video

Postgraduate accommodation

If you are an eligible overseas postgraduate student and apply by the 17 June deadline, you are guaranteed accommodation.

You will need to choose seven room types when applying for your accommodation.

If you are a UK or EU postgraduate we cannot guarantee you accommodation, but you can apply to go on our waiting list. You will need to select five room type preferences on your application.

University managed accommodation

Hello Student managed

Postgraduates can apply for Hello Student accommodation:

Check accommodation prices for postgraduate students

Postgraduate accommodation video

MA Contemporary European Studies, exchange and visiting students

If you are an MA Contemporary European Studies, exchange or visiting student, you will need to choose two room types when applying for accommodation.

You can choose between two city centre locations:

Check accommodation prices for exchange students

Pre-sessional English students

If you are on a 5-week summer pre-sessional English course, you can apply to live on the University campus in:

If you are on a 10-week course, you can choose to live in the city in:

You will need to apply for your undergraduate or postgraduate accommodation separately.

Check accommodation prices for pre-sessional students

Accommodation for couples and families

We also have accommodation available for couples and families with up to two children.

For undergraduates and postgraduates

For postgraduates

Check accommodation prices for couples

Find out how to apply for student accommodation

If you've got all the information you need to make your decision, find out what you need to do to apply for accommodation.

Read about the accommodation application process