Overly nervous in social situations? Hate being the centre of attention? This course could help you manage social anxiety and connect more easily with others.
Connect More is a free online course for students struggling with social anxiety.
Over four weekly sessions, we’ll help you deal with some of the discomfort of social situations so you can start to connect more with others.
- understand social anxiety and how unhelpful thoughts and behaviours maintain it
- learn techniques from Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for managing social anxiety
- practise interacting with others in a supportive setting.
Connect More is not group therapy. You don’t have to disclose difficult feelings. Nor do you have to speak at all if that feels too difficult. That said, we’ll gently encourage you to take part as we know it’s one of the best ways to start overcoming social anxiety.
Who is the course for?
This course is for you if you feel fearful in social situations such as making small talk or meeting new people. Or if you find yourself avoiding interactions - from being in a communal kitchen to speaking up in lectures. Connect More could also help if you feel overly anxious about what others think of you.
The course is not suitable if you have severe social anxiety or another significant mental health problem, or if you are at high risk. If that's the case for you, we recommend you arrange an initial consultation.
The next course will start in February 2022. Dates of sessions will be published here soon.
What participants say
- "I feel better equipped to deal with situations that cause me anxiety and able to more confidently interact."
- "I’m glad I decided to come, my confidence has grown and I’m better at facing my fears."
- "I’ve found this course really useful in overcoming anxiety."
Request a place
Use the link below to request a place. We'll get in touch with you to arrange a short call on Teams to tell you more about the course and check it's a good fit for you.