Drop the Struggle
Are you a doctoral student feeling stuck, inadequate or disconnected? This course can help you do what matters even when things feel really hard.
Drop the Struggle is an online course for doctoral students.
Based on Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, the course seeks to equip you to deal better with psychological suffering and live a more fulfilling life. Specifically, it may help you to:
- find some freedom from debilitating thoughts, feelings and habitual behaviours
- respond more skilfully to the difficulties life throws at you
- discover more about what’s most important to you
- take effective action that moves you in the direction you want to go
- increase your wellbeing and resilience.
Drop the Struggle consists of six weekly sessions of one or two hours. It takes place on the Microsoft Teams videoconferencing platform.
Because each session builds on the one before, you are expected to commit to attending all sessions. You will also need to devote time in between sessions to practising the skills we teach.
Before confirming your place, we will arrange a short conversation with you to check the course is a good fit.
We plan to run Drop the Struggle again in the summer of 2021.
Register your interest
To register your interest, email email@example.com. We'll get back to you when we have scheduled the next course.