Find funding for taught postgraduate courses
Bursaries, scholarships, loans and other funding to help you pay for your studies or research.
Bursaries for taught postgraduate students
If you are a new taught postgraduate student starting in the 2018/19 academic year, with Home (UK) fee status, you could be eligible to apply for one of the 30 bursaries we offer, each worth £6,000.
Applications for 2018 entry have now closed.
Scholarships and studentships
Scholarships for international taught postgraduate students
If you are a master's student with Overseas fee status, you may be eligible for one of our scholarships to help you pay your fees. If you are eligible, the money is applied as a discount on your tuition fees.
The International Relations Office manages eight schemes:
- Scheme 1: University of Bath International Scholarships Scheme (UoBISS)
- Scheme 2: Faculty of Engineering & Design Elite MSc Scholarships
- Scheme 3: Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences Postgraduate Taught Scholarships
- Scheme 4: Faculty of Science Postgraduate Taught Scholarships
- Scheme 5: The Frank Wallace Scholarship
- Scheme 6: Sir Jack Cater Scholarship
- Scheme 7: Santander Universities Masters Scholarships for students in Latin America
- Scheme 8: University of Bath India Scholarships 2018
Important advice for applicants to Schemes 1-8
You can apply for the scholarship schemes 1 to 8 using one form in our postgraduate Application Tracker. The form will automatically select all of the schemes you are eligible for. Before you apply, make sure you accept your conditional or unconditional offer first.
School of Management schemes
The School of Management runs schemes for:
Scholarships for taught postgraduate students
Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme
This scheme is open to taught postgraduate master's students from Commonwealth countries, who would not otherwise be able to study in the UK, and:
- come from one of the eligible Commonwealth countries
- study an eligible full-time taught course
Find out more about the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme.
This scholarship is open to new taught postgraduate master's students for the 2019/20 academic year who do not meet the residency requirements to access UK taught postgraduate loans for their studies and have:
- UK asylum status
- discretionary leave to remain as a result of an asylum application
- limited leave to remain as a result of an asylum application
- humanitarian protection as a result of an asylum application
Find out more about the Sanctuary Scholarship for those entering studies in 2019.
Postgraduate master's students
If you are a master's student with Home (UK) and European Union (EU) fee status starting University in 2019/20, you may be eligible to apply for a loan for your studies.
Students from the US
If you are a US citizen or national who wants to study at the University of Bath, you may be eligible to apply for a US student loan to help you fund your studies.
Students from Canada
If you are a Canadian citizen or national who wants to study at the University of Bath, you may be eligible to apply for a Canadian student loan to help you fund your studies.
Scholarships are available to postgraduate Canadian students on multi-year postgraduate courses. One year masters courses are not eligible.
You can look for funding from sources other than those offered by the University. Trusts and charities can make awards for fees, maintenance or research costs to any student, regardless of subject or nationality.
The Alternative Guide to Postgraduate Funding Online helps you explore alternative sources of funding. It contains a database of funding opportunities, comprehensive guidance and tools to help you prepare a winning grant application.
The Guide is free for all University of Bath students and staff to use. If you are a prospective student and would like to access the site, you will need to request a PIN from Student Services.