What's involved in the study
You will be asked to complete a number of research procedures.
We will ask you to fill in some initial questionnaires. Then you will be randomly allocated to either:
- complete the COMET programme (lasting about 60 minutes) and practice the skills that you learn over the next few weeks
- fill out two online questionnaires which will take place two and four weeks after completing the programme (10-15 minutes)
- complete a few extra online questionnaires (lasting about 20-30 minutes)
- fill out brief questionnaires two weeks and four weeks later (10-15 minutes)
- complete the COMET programme (lasting about 60 minutes)
- fill out questionnaires again two weeks and four weeks after completing the programme (10-15 minutes)
You must be:
- an undergraduate or postgraduate student at a university in the UK
- be able to access the internet (study sign-up and intervention can only be accessed online)
What you'll get for taking part
You will have the opportunity to be entered into a prize draw for one of eight £50 Amazon gift cards when you complete the final follow-up questionnaires.
If you wish to be entered into the prize draw, we will ask you to provide an email address for this purpose. This email address will be stored separately to the other information given for the study and will be deleted once the prize draw has taken place and all the prizes have been claimed.
All records will be treated as confidential, including personal contact details.
Data collection and retention will comply fully with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and will only be accessible to the lead researcher and their supervisor. This study has received ethical approval.1