Help to grow: leadership development for SMEs
A 12-week leadership development programme for managers and decision-makers in small and medium-sized enterprises.
Help to Grow: Management course overview
Designed to be manageable alongside full-time work, Help to Grow helps you develop vital business skills. You'll learn about financial management, innovation, digital transformation and other key areas.
The course combines online sessions with face-to-face learning, alongside peer support and mentoring. By the end you'll develop a tailored business growth plan to lead your business to its full potential.
Find out more about the course content.
Who is it for?
To join Help to Grow: Management, you must:
- be a decision-maker or member of the senior management team. Example roles include Chief Executive, Finance Director or Operations Director.
- commit to completing all sessions
Your business must:
- be an SME based in the UK
- employ between five and 249 people
- have been operational for at least one year
- not be a charity
If your business employs ten or more people, up to two people can join the course.
Over 12 weeks, you’ll gain access to:
- eight facilitated online sessions (each lasting two hours).
- four face-to-face practical and interactive case study workshops at the University of Bath School of Management.
- ten hours of one-to-one support from a mentor with experience of running a business. This provides you with personalised support to develop your own business growth plan.
- peer networking, including group calls. Share experiences with other small business leaders.
- access to the Alumni Programme of events with inspirational speakers, business clinics and networking events.
- Strategy and innovation
- Digital transformation
- Winning new markets
- Vision, mission and values
- Developing a marketing strategy
- Building a brand
- Organisational design
- Employee engagement and leading change
- High performance workplace
- Effective operations
- Finance and financial management
- Implementing growth plans
Costs and dates
Help to Grow: Management is £750 per person.
The course is subsidised by the government, who pay the remaining £6,750.
The next available start dates are:
- Thursday 28 September 2023
- March 2024 (date TBC)
Please contact us if you’re interested in joining a future course.
How much time does the course take?
You’ll need to allow around four hours a week for 12 weeks, through a combination of in-person and online learning.
Register for the course
Get in touch if you have any questions about Help to Grow.