- Computer Science MSc
- Data Science MSc
- Data Science MSc with professional placement
- Data Science and Statistics MSc
- Data Science and Statistics MSc with professional placement
- Data Science and Statistics (Health) MSc – 2 years with professional placement
- Data Science and Statistics (Health) MSc – 1 year
- Mathematics with Data Science for Industry MSc – 2 years with professional placement
- Mathematics with Data Science for Industry MSc – 1 year
- Financial Mathematics with Data Science MSc - 1 year
Machine Learning and Autonomous Systems MSc
Develop skills in researching, designing and developing machine learning and autonomous systems technologies, and learn how they apply to real-world problems.
Intelligent and autonomous systems are becoming increasingly important in our lives; from medicine and space exploration through to agriculture and entertainment. Machine learning is at the heart of these systems, including computer vision and robotics. It also underpins the recent developments in data analytics across many fields.
Our Machine Learning and Autonomous Systems MSc equips you with skills sought after by industry, including designing interactive systems with both human and machine elements, and modelling and building systems that can sense and learn.
You can take our Machine Learning and Autonomous Systems MSc as a one-year course, or two years with an optional professional placement.
As a student on this course, you will have the opportunity to:
- Study a course designed in collaboration with the Department of Electronic & Electrical Engineering offering expertise in robotics.
- Learn in a research-led environment from academics with expertise in machine learning, autonomous systems, artificial intelligence and human-computer interaction.
- Benefit from a supportive postgraduate community and access to a dedicated personal tutor offering academic and non-academic support.
- Take part in extra-curricular activities such as conferences and public engagement events.
Over the summer, your dissertation will allow you to develop your skills and knowledge in a specific area. You’ll plan and carry out a research project using an element of machine learning and autonomous systems to solve a problem.
Our Machine Learning and Autonomous Systems MSc course is offered with an optional professional placement, giving you the opportunity to take advantage of our links with industry.
Going on a placement gives you the opportunity to apply your skills and knowledge during a year working in industry. You’ll be able to make contacts and try out future career options to see if it’s what you really want to do and broaden your experience and transferable skills, often while earning a salary.
Placements in industry are valuable for developing essential workplace skills such as:
- Improving your problem-solving abilities
- Time management
- Prioritising tasks to meet deadlines.
You’ll also have the chance to put what you’ve learned so far on your course to practical use.
Placement opportunities can’t be guaranteed, but you will receive tailored support from our specialist team to help you secure a placement.Find out more about placements