- As a meeting organiser, you can manage Breakout Rooms and move freely between them
- Give each Breakout Room a title to match your meeting
- Create up to fifty Breakout Rooms per meeting
- You decide which participants get moved to each room. They just select 'confirm' to move
- If you send an announcement it will show up in each Breakout Room, so no need to say things twice!
Microsoft Teams introduces Virtual Breakout Rooms
From Mid -December you'll be able to add a Breakout Room to your meeting or lecture for a new collaboration experience
What is happening
Virtual Breakout Rooms are a new feature for Microsoft Teams that will be introduced from Mid-December.
What is changing
When you create a meeting, you will now have the option to separate your meeting attendees into smaller groups, away from the main meeting.
This is great for brain-storming sessions or really useful for group work if you are teaching.
As an organiser you can easily move between break-out groups, just as you would move round a meeting room or teaching space.
How to prepare for this change
Visit the Breakout Rooms Learning Pathway (step by step guidance from Microsoft, on our University of Bath - Learning Pathways site) to discover how to create and manage a Breakout Room for your next meeting or class.
University of Bath - Learning Pathways is our online, interactive learning platform where you can learn all about Microsoft 365 tools and features. It’s filled with easy to use ‘how-to’ guides, hints and tips to help you get the most from your Microsoft tools.