This eight-week online course combines meditation, body awareness and teachings to help diminish the tendency of the mind to react in unhelpful ways. During the course, you will establish a daily mindfulness practice as the basis for learning to respond more consciously to life and the challenges it brings.
The courses in May and July are being run specifically for postgraduate and final year students.
Most people finishing the course report lasting benefits including:
- increased capacity to relax and stay calm
- greater energy and enthusiasm
- improved ability to cope with short and long-term stressors
- better relationships.
This evidence-based course is taught by two experienced therapists and mindfulness teachers, Amanda James and Nicola Peacock.
Each session builds on what has come before so full attendance is expected.
Dates and times
We are running two courses:
- Tuesdays from 4 May to June 22 2021 inclusive, from 4pm to 6pm. Facilitated by Amanda James. There will also be a retreat day on Saturday 12 June when we spend the day exploring mindfulness practices.
- Tuesdays from 6 July to 24 August 2021 inclusive, from 2pm to 4pm. Facilitated by Nicola Peacock. There will also be a retreat day on Saturday 14 August when we spend the day exploring mindfulness practices.
Register your interest
If you would like to register your interest, please email email@example.com. and let us know:
- what group you would like to join (May or July)
- write a couple of sentences saying what has drawn you to the mindfulness course and what you would like to get out of it.