Please note: this is an updated version of our Postgraduate Certificate in International Education (PGCiE) course which is due to start in October 2024.
International education is becoming increasingly important for many national and international schools worldwide. If you are a teacher, lecturer, or leader in this field - or looking to take on such a role - our Postgraduate Certificate in International Education (PGCiE) course can provide you with essential skills and knowledge to boost your career.
You will study education at an advanced level in an international context with a focus on key issues that influence curricula across the planet. Throughout the course, you will explore current education topics and how to embed them positively within your professional practice.
Gain key skills
You will leave this course with:
- demonstratable analysis and critical thinking skills
- enhanced professional practice abilities
- a greater theoretical understanding of current educational issues
- an improved awareness of educational issues relating to sustainability and global citizenship
- greater knowledge of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), allowing you to better understand global challenges and how to address them through education
Learn from experts in their field
You will learn from experts in international education policy and practice, as well as staff in the wider Department of Education. Their passion, knowledge and research shape their teaching to enhance your learning experience.