This course is designed to enable you to learn in a way that fits with your own work priorities and commitments. You will learn how to reflect on your own practice, using your knowledge of the latest educational trends and developments, to inform and enhance the way you work.
Whether you are working as a teacher, lecturer, trainer, educational leader, manager or administrator - or aspiring to a career in international education - this course will provide a significant insight into the latest trends and leading-edge research, and how those impact on policy and practice in the context of international education.
It’s ideal if you already have teaching experience and wish to progress your career with a postgraduate level qualification.
This course lasts up to 2 years, and requires completion of 3 units:
- Education in an International Context
- either Curriculum Studies or Understanding Learners & Learning
- Educational Enquiry (consisting of a reflective assignment drawing on both issues studied in the first two units and your own practice)
It may be possible for credits from the PGCIE to contribute to continued study towards the part-time MA Education.
Flexible study options
You can choose to study this course through any combination of:
- Summer School (on campus in Bath)
- Study Centres (in a number of locations worldwide)
- Distance Learning (online)