The Library is displaying books from its latest online reading list: ‘The Migrant Journey’, from 25 April–9 May, on Level 2. This Library List is based on recommendations from the Migration Museum, featuring a combination of biographies, non-fiction and fiction. The list brings together a collection of stories from multicultural backgrounds to provide a vibrant selection of readings to challenge preconceptions, represent and raise visibility.
What's on over the coming months:
- Bath Welcomes Refugees has been selected by students as one of Bath RAG’s Big 4 (thesubath.com) charities for 2021/22. This means they will receive funds from student-led fundraising events.
Some of our past events include:
- One Young World Bath 2021 (7 March 2021)
- Workers, Rebels and LGBT Refugees: From the Syrian Civil War to the European Refugee Crisis (November 2019)
- Exploring Conflict Through Art (July 2019)
- The experiences of unaccompanied children in the UK asylum system (May 2019)
- Refugees' experiences of grieving the dead (February 2019)
- Migrants trapped in Libya: Is detention and Human Rights’ abuse the ‘solution’? (February 2019)
- Child trafficking: Children's voices informing practice (November 2018)
- ICHEM seminar: ‘Higher Education, Global Wellbeing and the Refugee Crisis’ (September 2015)