- You must be a current student or recent graduate from the University of Bath. Funding is available to undergraduate, postgraduate taught, and postgraduate research students and individuals who graduated no earlier than July 2021. Due to visa restrictions, Tier 4 + 5 students are not eligible to apply.
- Your business must already be promoting, making sales or gaining users. You don’t have to be incorporated as a business, but you must have a public-facing presence (e.g. website, working prototype).
- Applicants must have a business/social enterprise and be committed to developing it beyond the duration of this programme.
- You must not have exceeded £250,000 total in funding or investments from any source.
- The applicant does not have to be the majority shareholder in the business.
- The University cannot and will not mediate any disputes, including in relation to Intellectual Property, and the applicants would have to seek independent legal advice.
Further terms & conditions
- This is equity-free financial support for your business.
- The judging panel’s decision is final.
- It may be the case that the panel are able to award more than £2,000 to a business. This will be decided accordingly and is up to the discretion of the panel.
- You may be asked to discuss your business with Nicholas Davies (Relationship Manager) from Santander Universities.
Reporting and social media
- Successful applicants will be expected to provide the University and Santander with a report detailing how the funds have been used to achieve key milestones for the business. This may take the form of a blog post or social media post.
- The University does not expect successful applicants to provide receipts but may require evidence of successful spend.
- Successful applicants will be expected to contribute to blog posts and social media content on the University's web page and social media channels, sharing the challenges and successes of their business and their start-up experiences, to aid in the promotion of the programme. The hashtag #SantanderUniUK is to be used on all posts.
- Successful applicants may also be asked to participate in other activities to acknowledge the support provided by Santander Universities.
By entering this competition, you are agreeing to these terms and consenting that the data contained on this form will be made available to Santander for the purposes of judging, engagement, and offering of additional opportunities in relation to the development of your business.
As part of the Santander Entrepreneurship Fund, the University has to report to Santander UK and provide them with certain information about the students that they support as part of the programme. If you are successful in securing funding, the University will share your application with Santander UK, as well as subsequent reports that you provide.
The University also requires the successful applicants to contribute to blogs and social media for the Department of Development & Alumni Relations.
If you have any questions, please contact Rosanna Christou, Corporate Development Manager.