The Practice Track
This is a short-term consultancy project. Businesses from all industries are involved, putting forward their real business problem for students to solve. Working in teams, students use their research knowledge and skills to make practical recommendations. Projects run for three weeks in June/July. The team will deliver an equivalent of around 75 days of project work.
Students are supported by academics and a project coordinator, who is your point of contact for all logistical arrangements.
Students have previously worked on Practice Track projects with companies including Deloitte, KPMG, Unilever, Mars, and Triodos Bank. Project topics have included:
- developing a product relaunch campaign
- the benefits of enhanced automation of operations
- addressing the gender pay gap
- recommending modern marketing techniques for specialised projects
- analysis of demand for sustainable product certification
November-February - work with project coordinator to outline the project brief (phone/Skype/email)
June - group meeting on campus (Bath)
June - July - one/two interim catch ups per group (phone/Skype/email)
July - final presentation (at company offices)