Our BSc International Management and BSc International Management and Modern Languages (IMML) include a year in another country. Our Year Abroad scheme gives you the flexibility to make the year your own.
You can choose to:
- take a professional work placement
- go on an International Academic Exchange at another business school
- do a combination of the two
As well as developing your skills in new environments, the Year Abroad gives you the chance to:
- learn about international business
- gain work experience and potentially earn a salary (placement)
- put your course skills to use in a practical environment (placement)
- experience the culture and life of another country (International Academic Exchange)
- develop your language expertise (IMML courses)
BSc in International Management
Our BSc in International Management will teach you about key business functions in a global context. You'll learn about marketing, finance, operations and much more.
Our students study and work in many countries across the globe. Recent destinations include:
- The Netherlands
- The United States
You’ll study or learn in English for your Year Abroad.
BSc International Management and Modern Languages with French, Spanish or German (IMML)
Our distinctive BSc in International Management and Modern Languages course also includes the Year Abroad. This degree is run with the Department of Politics, Languages and International Studies. You'll benefit from the expertise of two leading departments.
You will learn about key business functions in a global context while improving your expertise in Spanish, French or German.
Your choice of country will depend on your chosen language. You can boost your business and language skills by working or studying in:
- Latin America (Chile, Argentina, Mexico, Ecuador, Peru, Panama)
View all of our undergraduate courses:
Gain business experience in a professional environment with a placement. For your placement, you will spend between nine and 12 months working at a company based outside of the UK.
Many of our placement students earn a salary. Although most placements pay a wage we cannot guarantee this. All placements and salaries are subject to visa/work permit rules.
Where you could work
We work with a range of organisations. As a leading business school, we are a preferred partner for many placement employers.
Recent placement employers include:
- Bosch, Singapore (BSc International Management)
- Deloitte, Madrid (BSc International Management and Modern Languages (Spanish))
- BMW, Munich (BSc International Management and Modern Languages (German))
- Thales, Paris (BSc International Management and Modern Languages (French))
International Management students will work in English-speaking companies. IMML students will work in their chosen language.
There will be competition from other students for placements. We can't guarantee you a specific placement in a specific country, but our Placements Team will give you support, advice and guidance.
International Academic Exchange
An International Academic Exchange lets you study in a new environment.
During an International Academic Exchange you will:
- join one of our partner business schools
- follow an agreed study plan
- not pay any extra tuition fees
- get help finding accommodation
We have links with top business schools in Europe, the United States, Asia, Australia, South Africa and South America.
International Management students will study in English. IMML students will study in countries that use their chosen language.
A combination allows you to do a placement and go on an International Academic Exchange. This lets you enjoy two very different experiences.
You'll spend a semester studying at one of our partner business schools. For the other semester, you’ll do a six-month professional placement.
Placements outside of the UK are subject to individual countries' visa and/or work permit requirements. Students who don't qualify for either normally go on International Academic Exchange.