Gain business experience in a professional environment with a placement. For your placement, you will spend between nine and 12 months working at a company based outside of the UK.
Many of our placement students earn a salary. Although most placements pay a wage we cannot guarantee this. All placements and salaries are subject to visa/work permit rules.
Where you could work
We work with a range of organisations. As a leading business school, we are a preferred partner for many placement employers.
Recent placement employers include:
- Bosch, Singapore (BSc International Management)
- Deloitte, Madrid (BSc International Management and Modern Languages (Spanish))
- BMW, Munich (BSc International Management and Modern Languages (German))
- Thales, Paris (BSc International Management and Modern Languages (French))
International Management students will work in English-speaking companies. IMML students will work in their chosen language.
There will be competition from other students for placements. We can't guarantee you a specific placement in a specific country, but our Placements Team will give you support, advice and guidance.
International Academic Exchange
An International Academic Exchange lets you study in a new environment.
During an International Academic Exchange you will:
- join one of our partner business schools
- follow an agreed study plan
- not pay any extra tuition fees
- get help finding accommodation
We have links with top business schools in Europe, the United States, Asia, Australia, South Africa and South America.
International Management students will study in English. IMML students will study in countries that use their chosen language.
A combination allows you to do a placement and go on an International Academic Exchange. This lets you enjoy two very different experiences.
You'll spend a semester studying at one of our partner business schools. For the other semester, you’ll do a six-month professional placement.