Sports Summer School
A sports focused residential for Year 12 WP students to experience the practical and academic sides of the University's Sports Performance Foundation Degree.
The University of Bath’s Sports Summer School is a sports focused residential for Year 12 students from under-represented backgrounds (see below for more information) with practical and academic workshops taken from the University's Sports Performance Foundation Degree.
If you are a high-performing athlete (see below for more information) and are interested combining your practical experiences from your training and coaching environments with the academic study of the factors that influence high performance sport then this summer school is for you. The summer school will focus on what it is like to study on the Sport Performance course and will give an experience of what its like to study and do sport at Bath.
The Sports Summer School 2021 will take place from Monday 2nd August - Wednesday 4th August.
This summer school will give you a real understanding of what it would be like to study Sport Performance at university whilst continuing to do your sport at a high level. You will:
- spend time on the University campus alongside current students and high-performance athletes
- stay overnight in University accommodation
- experience the academic side of university (lectures and seminars)
- experience the practical side of the course (coaching and laboratory sessions)
- have some fun with other students who have similar experiences to you.
The summer school is free-of-charge, including on-campus accommodation, free meals for the duration of your stay. Your travel to the University can be reimbursed for reasonable travel within the UK.
In order to be eligible to attend the summer school students must be in Year 12 and meet the below sporting and widening participation criteria:
Applicants should be competing at a high standard in their sport. This could include, but is not limited to:
- Competing at national or international level in junior or senior competition (e.g. UK Championships or national leagues)
- Part of an elite performance academy
- Part of an elite performance pathway
Widening Participation Criteria
You should meet at least one of our Widening participation criteria.
If you are not sure about this please email us and we can help you find out.
Apply using the online form.
The deadline for applying is Monday 28 June 2021
What we need to know
- Make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria (above). Your teacher or adviser should be able to answer any questions and find out any extra information for you.
- Tell us your GCSE grades, AS levels and A level subjects (or equivalent qualifications) to be able to complete the form.
- Tell us what courses you are thinking about studying at university and why you are considering Sport Performance.
Finding out if you have got a place
After the application closing date, we will send you an email to let you know if you have a place or not. If you are successful, we will send you full joining instructions for taking part.
What happens to your data?
Please read this information to find out what, why and how we use your data and how you can request copies or have data removed from our records.
This event isn't right for me, is there anything else?
Yes, we have lots of activity for students, teachers and parents. If you are interested in residentials, but are not a high-performing athlete then Discover Bath may be for you. We also have lots of other opportunities you may be interested in.