Sports Summer School
A sports-focused, widening participation residential for Year 12 students to experience the University’s sports programmes and studying at Bath as an athlete.
The University of Bath’s Sports Summer School is a sports-focused residential for Year 12 students from under-represented backgrounds in Higher Education (see below for our Widening Participation Criteria).
If you are a high-performing athlete (see below for more information) and are interested in combining this while pursuing your chosen university course then this summer school is for you. The summer school will focus on and give you an experience of what it is like to study and train as a high-performance athlete at Bath.
The Sports Summer School 2022 will take place from Wednesday 27 July to Friday 29 July.
This summer school gives you an understanding of what it is like to study at university whilst continuing your sport at a high level. You will:
- spend time on the University campus alongside current students and high-performance athletes
- stay overnight in university student accommodation
- experience our world-class Sports Training Village facilities
- learn about the support and services available to you as a high-performance athlete
- learn more about your chosen field of study, course and the academic side of university
- meet and train with coaches from your sport
- have some fun with other students who have similar experiences to you
This free summer school includes on-campus accommodation and free meals during your stay. Your travel to the University can be reimbursed for reasonable travel within the UK. Please read our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
This year, we are focusing on these sports. If your sport is not listed below, please apply as we still welcome your application.
To be eligible to attend the summer school, students must be in Year 12 and meet the below criteria:
Applicants should be competing at a high standard in their sport. This could include, but is not limited to:
- Competing at national or international level in junior or senior competition (e.g. UK Championships or national leagues)
- Part of an elite performance academy
- Part of an elite performance pathway
Widening Participation Criteria
You should meet at least one of our Widening participation criteria.
If you are not sure about this please email us and we can help you find out.
This summer school is now fully booked.
What we need to know
- Make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria (above). Your teacher or adviser should be able to answer any questions and find out any extra information for you
- Tell us your GCSE grades, AS levels and A level subjects (or equivalent qualifications) to be able to complete the form
- Tell us what courses you are thinking about studying at university and why you are considering Sports Performance
Finding out if you have got a place
After the application closing date, we will send you an email to let you know if you have a place or not. If you are successful, we will send you full joining instructions for taking part.
What happens to your data?
Please read this information to find out what, why and how we use your data and how you can request copies or have data removed from our records.
This event isn't right for me, is there anything else?
Yes, we have lots of activity for students, teachers and parents. If you are interested in residentials, but are not a high-performing athlete then Discover Bath may be for you. We also have lots of other opportunities you may be interested in.