Sports Summer School
A widening participation residential for Year 12 students to learn about competitive sport at Bath and gain experience of studying at Bath as an athlete.
What is the Sports Summer School?
The University of Bath’s Sports Summer School is a sports-focused residential for Year 12 students from under-represented backgrounds in Higher Education (see below for our Widening Participation Criteria).
If you are a either (a) competing regularly in a team in your chosen sport and/or (b) competing nationally or internationally as an individual, then this summer school may be for you.
The Sports Summer School 2023 will take place from Wednesday 26 July to Friday 28 July.
What will I do?
This summer school gives you an understanding of what it is like to study at university whilst continuing your sport at a high level. You will:
- gain an experience of what it is like to train in your sport at Bath
- gaining an understanding of how to manage the demands of an undergraduate degree course with training and competing in your chosen sport
- stay overnight in university student accommodation
- experience our world-class Sports Training Village facilities
- meet and train with coaches from your sport
This free summer school includes on-campus accommodation and free meals during your stay. Your travel to the University can be reimbursed for reasonable travel within the UK. Please read our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
Am I eligible?
Am I eligible?
To be eligible to attend the summer school, you must be in Year 12 and meet the below criteria:
- You must be competing regularly for a team in a competitive league, or competing at a Regional, National and International level.
- To be considered for a place you will need to: have obtained at least six GCSEs at grades A* to B/9 to 6, with at least a grade C/4 in GCSE English (Language or Literature) and Mathematics. You also need to be on track to achieve the required entry grades to study your chosen subject at Bath. Please check the Admissions entry requirements
- You should meet at least one of our Widening participation criteria. If you are not sure about this please email us and we can help you find out.
How do I apply?
Applications will open in Spring 2023
What we need to know
- Make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria (above). Your teacher or adviser should be able to answer any questions and find out any extra information for you
- Tell us your GCSE grades, AS levels and A level subjects (or equivalent qualifications) to be able to complete the form
- Tell us what courses you are thinking about studying at university
Finding out if you have got a place
After the application closing date, we will send you an email to let you know if you have a place or not. If you are successful, we will send you full joining instructions for taking part.
What happens to your data?
Please read this information to find out what, why and how we use your data and how you can request copies or have data removed from our records.
This event isn't right for me, is there anything else?
Yes, we have lots of activity for students, teachers and parents. If you are interested in residentials, but are not an athlete then Discover Bath may be for you. We also have lots of other opportunities you may be interested in.
For more information please read these Frequently Asked Questions or if you have any questions please contact us