Study skills workshop for mature students
Our higher education skills workshop, for mature students with an offer of a place at Bath, helps give you an idea of what you will be doing when you get here.
Prepare to start your studies
We support all students who come to the University but recognise that starting education again as a mature student might bring different challenges.
If you have an Access to Higher Education Diploma, or if you have had a long break between school or college and study, you can come to a two-day workshop to help you get used to university life.
The Higher Education Study Skills workshop takes place just before the start of Semester 1. You can stay in student accommodation on campus or you can choose to go home at the end of the day.
What you will do in the workshop
The workshop usually lasts for two days and gives you the opportunity to:
- discover how to make the most of seminars and lectures
- learn how to identify key concepts in academic literature
- practise and develop your academic writing skills
- learn about referencing, using quotes and avoiding plagiarism
- meet staff who will work with you during your time at the University
- get information about services and facilities on campus
- find out about university life and meet other mature students coming to the University