Talks and activities in your school or college
We can offer talks, workshops and activities for year 11, 12 and 13 students to help prepare them for the transition to university.
Talks and workshops
You can arrange a talk or workshop for your year 11, 12 and 13 students to help support their journey to university. We can tailor talks to meet your specific needs, and can offer them during school hours, or at parents' evenings.
Depending on demand, we may be able to offer talks in the following areas:
- choosing A level subjects (Year 11)
- choosing a course (Year 12)
- applying for competitive courses (Year 12/13 and parents)
- UCAS applications and personal statements (Year 12/13)
- getting ready for university: arriving and surviving (Year 13)
- why choose the University of Bath? (Year 12/13)
- student life (Year 12/13)
- student finance (Year 12/13 and parents)
Students' Union activities
Our Students' Union (SU) can offer volunteer tutors for primary school groups in Bath. All year groups are covered and this is a great way of gaining an extra pair of hands in the classroom. The SU can also offer student tutors for more specific subjects within secondary schools.
The Students’ Union has many different Societies and Clubs that can run workshops for groups. For example, the SU can deliver activities such as breakdancing, cheerleading, musical theatre and circus skills. There are also a variety of societies that are able to deliver cultural awareness sessions.