Taught postgraduate master's bursaries
Bursaries available to UK taught postgraduate students on master's courses starting in the academic year 2019/20.
About the taught postgraduate Bath bursary
We offer 10 bursaries, each worth £6,000, available to UK taught postgraduate master's students starting in the academic year 2019/20. Applications for these bursaries are only open to those who hold an undergraduate honours degree from the University of Bath.
Find out if you're eligible
You can apply for a bursary if you:
- hold an undergraduate honours degree from the University of Bath
- are a Home (UK) student and you have received an offer to study an eligible master's course
An eligible master's course is one that leads to an MSc, MBA, MA or standalone MRes with a maximum duration of two years for a full-time course or four years for a part-time course. Part-time courses must be studied at a minimum of 50% intensity (for example, a course which would take one year if studied full-time may take up to two years if studied part-time). Distance Learning courses are not eligible for this scheme.
Preference will be given to those who meet at least one or more of the following widening participation criteria:
- your home postcode when taking your A Levels (or equivalent) was in an area where there is a low participation of young people progressing into higher education
- your home postcode when taking your A Levels (or equivalent) was in an area of lower social mobility according to ACORN data analysis
- you were previously a care leaver
- you were 'irreconcilably estranged' from your parents or guardians at or before the age of 25
- you were a Young Carer between the ages of 18 and 25
- you have UK refugee status
- between the ages 16-18 you were in receipt of additional educational support due to a low family income e.g. Education Maintenance Allowance, free school meals or pupil premium
In addition to our widening participation criteria you will be required to provide a 400 word supporting statement. Our selection panel will also take into consideration where:
- your gender is underrepresented in your academic department
- your ethnicity is underrepresented in your academic faculty
Applying for a bursary
Applications for 2019 entry will open in May 2019. Those who hold a Bath undergraduate honours degree will be invited to apply (by email) once they have a valid offer for postgraduate study starting in September 2019.