The Bath bursary
Find out if you are eligible for the Bath bursary, worth up to £3,000 for each year of your undergraduate studies.
About the Bath bursary
If you are eligible for the Bath bursary, you could be paid up to £3,000 for each year of your studies to help you towards your course related costs. Bursaries are usually paid in three equal instalments in December, February and May.
You will not receive bursary payments while on a paid placement period. If you choose to do an unpaid placement or study abroad, you will continue to receive the bursary payments.
Find out if you're eligible
To be eligible, you must:
- be an eligible new first year Home UK* undergraduate student
- be registered on a full-time campus based undergraduate or foundation degree/ top up course and
- have a student loans household income assessment of £25,000 or below
*Eligible UK students are those that are classed as UK (England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland), as assessed for student support purposes, as determined by Student Finance England or other relevant UK student loans awarding agency and have a UK Home fees status as determined by the University.
You must also meet one or more of the following criteria:
- your home is in an area where there is a low participation of young people progressing into higher education
- your school or college performance is below average
- you are a care leaver
- you or your family receive a state means-tested benefit
- you have an Access to HE Diploma
- you are irreconcilably estranged from your parents or guardians
- you are a Young Carer
- you are a refugee or asylum seeker
- your home address is considered to be in an area of lower social mobility according to ACORN data analysis
Local student start-up bursary
If you are eligible for the Bath bursary or Gold scholarship and also live in a qualifying local authority area, you will receive an award to help with the start-up costs of coming to Bath.
If eligible you will receive in the first year of study only, an additional £1,000 in the first instalment of your bursary.
Qualifying local authority areas are:
- Bath & North East Somerset
- South Gloucestershire
- North Somerset
- Somerset County
- Gloucestershire County
- Wiltshire County
- Monmouthshire County
- Blaenau Gwent
- Vale of Glamorgan
- Rhondda Cynon Taf
- Merthyr Tydfil
- Neath Port Talbot
Applying for a bursary
If you have accepted an offer of a place to study at the University for 2019 entry, we will contact you from May 2019 to let you know how to apply.