Tailoring your Policy Fellowship experience
We will have an initial discussion with you, in advance of your visit, about your areas of interest and motivations for taking part. We will ask you to prepare between six and eight policy questions around which you would like to focus your discussions, or for you to choose from an area of University of Bath expertise, listed below, and also provide us with a brief note on your background and current role.
You can submit six to eight questions you would like to explore with academics, or choose from one of the following areas:
- Smart technologies, robotics and human computer interactions
- Machine learning, big data and cognitive science
- Ethics and the application of AI to common public sector issues such as equality, non-discrimination, decision-making and enabling change
- AI, automation and labour market change
- Healthcare innovations and applications
- Future AI skills for the UK
What to expect
Using your questions, or your choice of area of Bath expertise, as a framework, we will arrange a series of hour-long, one-to-one virtual meetings with academics whose work is relevant to your policy area. Not all the people you meet with will be working directly in your area, or able to give specific answers to your questions. They will all, however, be able to engage in a thought-provoking discussion which will stimulate your, and their, thinking.
There is no charge for participating in the Policy Fellowship Programme. By completing the programme you will join an elite group of IPR Policy Fellow alumni.
You will also have access to the University of Bath Library for two years after your Fellowship, including access to online journals.