Visiting us if you have a disability
If you have a disability or a specific learning difficulty you can arrange an individual campus visit.
If you have a disability, specific learning needs or any health related concerns, and want to find out more about how we could support you, please contact us to arrange a visit to our campus.
Individual campus visits
We offer individual campus visits for you if you have a specific need, including:
- specific learning difficulties, for example dyslexia or dyspraxia
- autistic spectrum difficulties, for example Asperger syndrome
- long-term health conditions, for example arthritis, chronic fatigue, diabetes, or epilepsy
- mental health difficulties, for example anxiety or depression
- mobility difficulties, for example wheelchair users
- sensory impairments, for example hearing or visual impairment
If you have any other difficulties which have lasted 12 months or more, you can also visit the campus to find out more about the support available to you.
How we can support you
During your visit, you can find out how we can support you and get a sense of what it's like to live and study here.
A visit can include:
- a campus tour with a student ambassador, including a visit to view student accommodation
- a visit to the academic department you're interested in, which could include meeting with a member of the academic staff
- a visit to Student Services, which could include a session with our Disability Support Advisor and Funding Advisor (to discuss possible support including examination arrangements or on-campus support, as well as external funding opportunities for more specialised support)
- a visit to our Admissions department, which could include a session with our Admissions Progression Officer. They can provide information and guidance on your University application
- a session with our IT support specialist in assistive technologies
During your visit you will be accompanied by one of our student ambassadors who will be able to answer your questions about student life on campus.
Depending on your financial circumstances, we may also be able to offer financial support for your travel to visit us.