We are a leading UK business school and rank highly internationally. But we don’t want to stop there. Building on over half a century of experience, we’re working on plans to help us inspire and innovate for the next 50 years and beyond.
To help us achieve our goals, the University is investing £70m into a new School of Management building.
We know our students set the bar high. We want our facilities to help you become the best you can be. That’s why we’ve got ambitious plans for our new building.
The latest technology will give you a flexible 21st century learning and research environment to help inspire you to do great things.
The building design focuses on working together. It has an open layout to enable effective teamwork, supporting our key philosophies of 'engagement, education and collaboration'.
The space will allow you to engage with other students, academics and employers. We want to create even stronger links between the University and business and our new building will act as a bridge between the two.
The building will include:
- a Student Entrepreneurship Lab - for students from across the University to work together on business creation and innovation
- an Employment Hub - for our business and industry partners to visit and help prepare you for the workplace
- Eat, Work and Play areas – spaces for you to study and meet with other students, faculty and employers
- a Behavioural Research Lab – so you can study real and digital environments
- an HPC Supply Chain Innovation Lab – open to local SMEs and the larger multinationals they work with
- eight lecture theatres and a 250 seat Conference Auditorium
Entrepreneurship thrives at the School of Management. Many of our graduates have seen great success with their entrepreneurial ventures.
We want to help you achieve your business goals. We offer courses focused on entrepreneurial skills, taught by experts in entrepreneurship.
But we want to take this a step further. The new building will include a Student Entrepreneurship Lab that will bring our entrepreneurial support network together.
Turn your business idea into reality with:
- enterprise programmes from the Student Union
- the incubation network at the Innovation Centre
- research expertise from the School of Management
The lab will aim to inspire students from across the University to collaborate on developing their business ideas. Mentoring and coaching from academics and experienced entrepreneurs will also be on hand.