We know our students set the bar high. We want our facilities to help you become the best you can be. That’s why we’ve got ambitious plans for our new building.
The latest technology will give you a flexible 21st century learning and research environment to help inspire you to do great things.
The building design focuses on working together. It has an open layout to enable effective teamwork, supporting our key philosophies of 'engagement, education and collaboration'.
The space will allow you to engage with other students, academics and employers. We want to create even stronger links between the University and business and our new building will act as a bridge between the two.
Set to open in 2021, the building will include:
- a Student Entrepreneurship Lab - for students from across the University to work together on business creation and innovation
- an Employment Hub - for our business and industry partners to visit and help prepare you for the workplace
- Eat, Work and Play areas – spaces for you to study and meet with other students, faculty and employers
- a Behavioural Research Lab – so you can study real and digital environments
- an MBA Suite – a learning space designed for mid-career professionals
- an HPC Supply Chain Innovation Lab – open to local SMEs and the larger multinationals they work with
- eight lecture theatres and a 250 seat Conference Auditorium