Working in the ahs team
Come and join our fun, friendly and supportive team.
We’re a lively, fun and caring department where no two days are the same. If you’re hardworking, fun and friendly you’ll fit right in - and we’d love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on offering many advantages to working here. These include:
Pay and benefits
- A competitive rate of pay
- A great pension scheme
- A 36.5 hour week (with some part time positions available) and no split shifts
- Tax and national insurance savings through salary exchange schemes on nursery care, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work and fitness schemes
Generous holiday entitlement
- Up to 25 days annual leave per year, eight banks holidays and five extra discretionary days
- We close over the Christmas break but you’re still paid for this time off
Training and progression
- The chance to develop, with many training courses and job shadowing opportunities
- Up to 20 hours a year personal development time for fitness classes, training, volunteering and charity work
A caring department
- A commitment to the wellbeing of our teams, with mindfulness sessions, fitness boot camps and free health checks
- Regular awards for those that perform well, from £20 Love2Shop vouchers up to annual awards of £750
- A staff suggestion scheme, with the chance to share your ideas and earn a £20 voucher
- Great staff social events
We look after the Accommodation, Hospitality and Security teams at the University of Bath, employing over 400 staff that work hard to deliver an excellent experience to all of our customers.
Our customers can be students, staff and external visitors, across University accommodation, restaurants and bars on campus.
We have eight hospitality outlets on campus ranging from cafés to a fine dining restaurant, as well as a full conference and banqueting service. Our accommodation houses over 4,000 students throughout the academic year.
During the summer months we operate a bit like a hotel, with external guests and companies using our accommodation for conferences, summer camps and away days.
We also manage The Edge, a dedicated arts, education and events space. As well as a modern, stylish café, its home to a theatre, art galleries, digital, art, dance and music studios, plus rehearsal rooms too.
ahs and the University of Bath
The University is a first choice destination for many students, who are attracted by our excellent campus facilities (including ahs’s accommodation and hospitality outlets), superior academic reputation, outstanding graduate employment record, world-class sports facilities and the other social, recreational and personal development opportunities on offer.
Our staff are vital in creating the University’s vibrant and innovative academic community. We really value working collaboratively with others within our global network of contacts in business, the professions, the public and voluntary sectors.
Our campus overlooks the UNESCO World Heritage city of Bath and offers a real community feel for staff and students, as well as providing a friendly and safe environment in which to work.