Welcome to the University of Bath’s privacy notice for the 39th Cement and Concrete Science Conference.
This privacy notice provides information on how the University of Bath collects and processes your personal data when you register for the 39th Cement and Concrete Science Conference through our website, and when you make submissions to our conference email address.
Important information and who we are
The University of Bath is the controller and responsible for your personal data.
We have appointed a data privacy manager. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or our data protection practices please contact the data privacy manager.
- full name of legal entity: The University of Bath
- name or title of DPO Mr David Jolly
- email address: email@example.com
The data we collect about you
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you that you provide to us, as follows:
- identity data
- contact data
- financial data
- transaction data
- profile data
- usage data
- dietary preferences data
- marketing and communications data
We only collect the data that you provide to us.
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data for the purpose of organising and administering the 39th Cement and Concrete Science Conference and to keep you informed about future conferences/events that may be of interest to you, which include the following:
- to register you as a participant and/or attendant.
- to process and arrange your accommodation during the conference.
- to arrange your menu for the conference gala dinner
- to keep you informed with the program of the conference
- to enable you to participate in the competition for the best presenter
- to enable you to participate in the competition for the best poster
- to recommend you future academic events, conferences and/or seminars that may be of interest to you.
How we share your personal data
We may share your personal data with the research organisations who are supporting the 39th Cement and Concrete Science Conference and they may use it to advertise and organise future consecutive Annul Cement and Concrete Science Conferences. These research organisations are the Institute of Concrete Technology, the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining, and the RILEM.
We will not transfer, store and process your personal data outside the European Economic Area. Your personal data will only be stored by us on campus.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data including the right to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.