Terms of Reference
Approved by Senate 9 June 2010, Revised by Senate 8 June 2011, 13 June 2012, 15 October 2014
- To identify and promote opportunities for further development of the University's portfolio of programmes and collaborative provision:
- encouraging innovation, flexible learning provisions, interdisciplinary and cross-Faculty/School/Collaboration;
- ensuring an integrated approach to portfolio development so that the capacity of the University and its partners to deliver a consistently high quality student learning experience is maintained.
- To consider and determine, on behalf of Senate, Proposals for:
- (a) initial approval of new programme (including a programme which constitutes and expansion of the university's discipline base/extension of the existing discipline base into new levels of study or require the allocation of additional Home/EU student numbers);
- (b) initial approval of an existing taught programme to be delivered by an existing or prospective collaborative partner;
- (c) initial approval for research degree collaborative arrangements;
- (d) withdrawal of programmes;
- (e) initial approval of major programmes changes requiring to strategic consideration including programme title changes;
- (f) amendment, renewal and withdrawal of collaborative provision arrangements (including articulation arrangements);
- (g) new articulation agreements;
- To consider and recommend to Senate proposals for new institutional partners.
- To support reject a proposal to proceed with a new or the renewal of a student exchange arrangement.
Membership: The term of office for nominated members of the committee is three years (renewable).
- In the event that a nominated member ceases to be a member of Senate, the Vice-Chancellor will nominate a replacement to serve for the remainder of their term of office (renewable_.
- Co-option: At the discretion of the committee in accordance with Senate Standing Order 16.
- Alternates: Permitted in accordance with Senate Standing Order 17.
- Quorum: Once third of the membership of the committee (Senate Standing Order 16).
- Rules for Voting: None
- Minutes: Submitted to Senate and the Programmes and Partnerships Approval Committee.