Before you begin
Before you book onto this course, you should have a good working knowledge of Business Objects, including navigating between tabs and folders, selecting columns and rows, using filters, sorts and input controls. We recommend that you have attended Business Objects - Run reports and do the basics . You should ensure you can log in to Business Objects before you attend. If you cannot do this you should ask your manager to fill out the Management Information System access form.
Delivery Method: Tutor led
Course Duration: 2 hours
What you will learn
Business Objects is a general purpose enquiry and reporting tool which allows users to access information in the University's administration databases, including iTrent and SAMIS. This course is taught through a mixture of demonstration and hands-on practice. You will learn how to:
- create a table or cross-tab based on existing data
- use the Document Structure & Filters panel
- create variables
- add calculations into columns
- edit a report using Query Panel
- group values in a table
- use formatting rule
Book your place
To book your place:
- Go to the Employee Self Service booking page
- Select the date you wish to book
- Enter any optional personal objectives you wish to achieve
- Select "Save"
Course dates and times
- Thursday 13 February 2020, 2:15 to 4:15pm
- Thursday 12 March 2020, 2:15pm to 4:14pm
You can access a number of training resources on using Business Objects via Moodle. Any member of staff or postgraduate student can access these and learn at their own pace.