Before you begin
To access Business Objects, you will need to have appropriate Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) enabled and connect to the University's Virtual Private Network (VPN).
Before you book onto this course, you should have a good working knowledge of Business Objects, including creating tables based on existing data, creating variables and using calculations. We recommend that you have attended Business Objects - Analysing and structuring reports. You should ensure you can log in to Business Objects before you attend. If you cannot do this you should ask your manager to fill out the Management Information System access form.
Delivery Method: Tutor led
Course Duration: 2 hours
What you will learn
Business Objects is a general purpose enquiry and reporting tool which allows users to access information in the University's administration databases, including iTrent and SAMIS. This course is taught through a mixture of demonstration and hands-on practice. You will learn how to:
- Add a new object to a query
- Build a cross table
- Group objects in a cross table
- Add footers & calculations
- Add new columns & rows
- Add another cross table
- Use outlining
- Format the report
To book your place:
- Go the Employee Self service page
- Select the course you wish to book
- Enter any personal objectives you wish to achieve
- Select save
Course dates and times
- Monday 28 February 2.15pm-3.45pm
- Thursday 24 March 10.15am-11.45am
If the above dates/times are unsuitable (or there aren't any listed), please email us to see how we can help.
You can access a number of training resources on using Business Objects via Moodle. Any member of staff or postgraduate student can access these and learn at their own pace.
Alternatively, you can use the following external information from SAP, the supplier of Business Objects:
- YouTube training videos
- SAP Business Objects Web Intelligence user guide
- guide to using Functions, Formulas and Calculations in SAP Web Intelligence
- SAP BI Launch Pad user guide