Before you begin
To access Business Objects, you will need to have appropriate Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) enabled and connect to the University's Virtual Private Network (VPN).
Before you book onto this course, you should have a good working knowledge of Business Objects, including creating tables based on existing data, creating variables and using calculations. We recommend that you have attended Business Objects - Analysing and structuring reports.
Delivery Method: Tutor led
Course Duration: 2 hours
What you will learn
Business Objects is a general purpose enquiry and reporting tool which allows users to access information in the University's administration databases, including iTrent and SAMIS. This course is taught through a mixture of demonstration and hands-on practice. You will learn how to:
- Open a new document
- Create a query in Query Panel
- Apply conditions to a query
- Change conditions to prompts
- Create variables using IF statements
- Add headers, footers and page numbers to a report
Book your place
To book your place:
- Go to the Employee Self Service booking page
- Select the date you wish to book
- Enter any optional personal objectives you wish to achieve
- Select "Save"
Course dates and times
- Tuesday 19 October 10.15am-12.15pm
- Monday 15 November 2.15pm-4.15pm
You can access a number of training resources on using Business Objects via Moodle. Any member of staff or postgraduate student can access these and learn at their own pace.
Alternatively, you can use the following external information from SAP, the supplier of Business Objects:
- YouTube training videos
- SAP Business Objects Web Intelligence user guide
- guide to using Functions, Formulas and Calculations in SAP Web Intelligence
- SAP BI Launch Pad user guide