Before you begin
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Delivery Method: Tutor led
Course Duration: 5 x 2.5 hour slots
What you will learn
This is an accessible computer and internet qualification for beginners, certified by the British Computer Society. You'll gain a recognised computer qualification to add to your CV and confidence in using your computer at home or work. This course is taught through a mixture of demonstration and hands-on practice. You will learn through five structured sessions:
- Computer Basics - understanding the basic computer parts and terminology, and how to use the computer, keyboard and mouse.
- Introduction to the Desktop - how to use and access computer programs from the Start Menu and Desktop.
- Introduction to Documents - using word processing for documents and letters.
- The World Wide Web - using the internet.
- Email - for keeping in touch with colleagues at work.
Book your place
You'll need to attend all five dates.
The next set of dates will be:
- Wednesday 5 June 2019, 10:15am to 12:45pm
- Wednesday 12 June, 10:15am to 12:45pm
- Wednesday 19 June, 10:15am to 12:45pm
- Wednesday 26 June, 10:15am to 12:45pm
- Wednesday 3 July, 10:15am to 12:45pm
Please let us know if this is a problem as we can make alternative arrangements to fit in around working patterns.
To get informed about future dates, email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are unable to attend the above advertised course(s), please email us to enquire about future opportunities and to be put on the waiting list.