About the Doctoral College Placement Support Fund
This fund, supported by the National Productivity Investment Fund is intended to support EPSRC-funded doctoral students, or those who are part of an EPSRC-funded CDT, who plan to undertake a work placement or internship during their doctorate.
You can apply for up to £2,000 to pay for:
- accommodation whilst on placement
- travel to and from your work placement
- miscellaneous costs associated with undertaking the placement
Applicants will have to clearly demonstrate in their applications how the placement, whether within industry, policy organisation or elsewhere aligns to the UK Industrial Strategy, which aims to boost productivity and earning power across the UK by focusing on 5 foundations for transforming the UK economy:
- ideas to create an environment that will foster the world’s most innovative economy
- people to facilitate skills training and knowledge exchange through targeted and collaborative programs that will lead to creation of good jobs with greater earning power for all
- infrastructure to facilitate projects and initiatives that will lead to major upgrade of UK’s infrastructure
- business environment to make The UK the best place to start and grow a business
- places to create prosperous communities across the UK
You will be required to write a short report on how you spent the money and how you benefited from the work placement.
How to apply
Before applying, please read the associated Terms and Conditions.
There is a rolling call for applications.
Please get in touch for more information or to discuss an application.