Our quality objectives are:
To monitor, as a count, the number of compliments and complaints received aiming always to ensure that the Department receives more compliments than complaints, and aim to receive less than 5 complaints a quarter.
To monitor and review our performance against the agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and to appraise customer satisfaction feedback (student and staff) on our performance, taking appropriate action where necessary.
Construction Projects and Refurbishments - to monitor the delivery of projects on time and to budget.
Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) – to monitor our level of performance in relation to business critical/regulatory PPM work, setting a target compliance rate of 90% for all these tasks specified based on an assessment of risk associated with the activity.
With due regard for Estates’ specific objectives included in the University’s Strategy document, our Quality Policy is to enhance our customers’ satisfaction, through operational excellence, continual improvement and the delivery of a quality service in a timely manner, ensuring student, staff and visitor safety and satisfaction at all times.
The Department of Estates’ Quality Management System (QMS) is designed to support the department’s objectives through compliance of ISO 9001:2015. Appropriate quality objectives for the QMS are set and reviewed by management. Our established policy is:
- We shall ensure that our services fully meet our customer requirements at all times in order to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.
- We will monitor our customer satisfaction with a view to meeting and, where possible, exceeding their expectations.
- In meeting our customers’ satisfaction we ensure, that as far as is reasonably practicable and within our governance, the safety of staff, students, contractors and visitors is considered at all times.
- We shall strive to achieve on-going improvement of our Quality Management System, and maintain the necessary Quality Approvals consistent with our customer’s requirements.
- We shall encourage consultation at all levels within the Department of Estates to ensure that quality controls are effective and adequate.
- We shall ensure that all our personnel understand and fully implement the Department of Estates’ policies and objectives and that staff are able to perform their duties effectively through an ongoing training and development programme.
- We shall employ simple and effective management systems, which govern all aspects of our business and ensure that we have a quality aware workforce.
- We shall ensure that our Objectives meet the requirements of this Policy and that continual improvement is maintained in line with the spirit of the Policy and will be set, determined and monitored at the Quality Management Review meetings.