We work collaboratively with policymakers and other policy publics around the creation and use of data and the role of evidence in aiding policy deliberation and decision-making. We are interested in the contested role of data and evidence in democratic societies and in particular how they are employed in policy making and implementation.
We develop creative methods for working with data in policy design and evaluation, both nationally and internationally. In addition, we apply our expertise in data and evidence for policy and democratic participation to research projects and activities across other areas of our programme.
Current research projects include:
- The Public Data Lab
- Studying Police Effectiveness and Public Trust in Policing Using Big Data Analysis (PhD project)
- Exploring Policy Interventions to Reduce the Health Impact of Air Pollution in Ulaanbaatar
Completed research projects:
- Data-Driven Policing and Public Value
- Public Engagement and Policymaking in the Era of Big Data (PhD project)
- Connecting data across public services in B&NES
- Connecting data: Understanding social care demand