Before you begin
You should have a basic familiarity with how to navigate Microsoft Excel. You should also have core knowledge of working with files and folders in the Windows environment. If this is not the case we recommend you first take Excel - Get started with spreadsheets.
Delivery Method: Tutor led
Course Duration: 1.5 hours
What you will learn
Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet application which you can use to store, manipulate and present data. This course is taught through a mixture of demonstration and hands-on practice. You will learn how to:
- use the AutoSum option to create commonly used functions
- use other options to create a wider range of functions
- use relative and absolute referencing to control which cells in your worksheet are used when you copy a formula or function to other cells
- create Range Names for parts of your workbook and use them in formulae/functions
What other learners have said about this course
"This was a really useful course for me. I knew some of the formulae which I use already, but now have lots more really useful ones that I can use."
"Really useful course and the trainer was approachable and friendly"
"This is the best and most practical course directly relevant to my daily work."
"I really enjoyed the trainer's teaching. Very clear and easy to follow."
"Well informed instructor, made calculations on excel simpler"
"The session was the right length, not too long not too short, and the instructor was engaging and easy to follow. I liked the use of exercises to consolidate what we had learnt."
"Cannot thank you enough for your training today. I found it very clear and helpful."
Book your place
To book your place:
- Go to the Employee Self Service booking page
- Select the date you wish to book
- Enter any optional personal objectives you wish to achieve
- Select "Save"
Course dates & times:
- Monday 19 April, 10:15 to 11:45am
- Friday 28 May, 2:15 to 3:45pm
If there are no suitable dates/times above, please email us to enquire about future opportunities and to be put on our waiting list.
Find a related course
Excel - Use advanced functions
Excel - Get started with spreadsheets
Excel - Create charts to present your data
Excel - Manage your data better
Excel - Use PivotTables to summarise data
Excel - Introduction to Macros