Before you begin
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Delivery Method: Tutor led
Course Duration: 1.5 hours
Postgraduates will need to pay £5 to DD&T reception, 4 East South.
What you will learn
Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet application, which you can use to store, manipulate and present data. This course is taught through a mixture of demonstration and hands-on practice. You will learn how to:
- understand the Excel screen and navigate the top menu
- create and manage workbooks
- create simple formulae
- format and align text and numbers in cells
- select, add and delete columns and rows
What other learners have said about this course
"I really enjoyed the course, I found it very relevant to my job and learnt a lot in the time."
"The IT training available is excellent and the notes especially useful afterwards."
Book your place
To book your place:
- Go to the Employee Self Service booking page
- Select the date you wish to book
- Enter any optional personal objectives you wish to achieve
- Select "Save"
- Friday 3 April 2020, 10:15am to 11:45am
- Wednesday 6 May, 2:15 to 3:45pm
Find a related course
Excel - Use advanced functions
Excel - Create charts to present your data
Excel - Manage your data better
Excel - Create formulae and functions
Excel - Use PivotTables to summarise data
Excel - Introduction to Macros