Before you begin
You should have a good working knowledge of Excel and be able to create and manipulate workbooks. You should also have core knowledge of working with files and folders in the Windows environment. If this is not the case we recommend you first take Excel - Get started with spreadsheets.
Delivery Method: Tutor led
Course Duration: 2 hours
What you will learn
Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet application which you can use to store, manipulate and present data. This course is taught through a mixture of demonstration and hands-on practice. You will learn how to:
- set macro security
- save a document as macro enabled
- record, run, edit, copy and delete macros
- record a macro with either absolute or relative cell references (or a combination of both)
- run a macro from a button on a ribbon/the Quick Access Toolbar
- create a button on a worksheet to run a macro
- assign a keyboard shortcut to a macro
- write a basic VBA macro
What other learners have said about this course
"it was a great course and I hope to use it in my role with my many spreadsheets!"
"I really enjoyed the training, it was clear and easy to follow."
"It was a very well delivered course. I enjoyed it"
Book your place
To book your place:
- Go to the Employee Self Service booking page
- Select the date you wish to book
- Enter any optional personal objectives you wish to achieve
- Select "Save"
Course dates and times
- Monday 27th June, 2.15 to 3.45pm
Please email us to arrange a session.