Before you begin
You should have a good working knowledge of Excel and be able to create and manipulate workbooks. You should also have core knowledge of working with files and folders in the Windows environment. If this is not the case we recommend you first take Excel - Get started with spreadsheets.
Delivery Method: Tutor led
Course Duration: 2 hours
What you will learn
Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet application which you can use to store, manipulate and present data. This course is taught through a mixture of demonstration and hands-on practice. You will learn how to:
- set macro security
- save a document as macro enabled
- record, run, edit, copy and delete macros
- record a macro with relative cell references
- record a macro with absolute cell references
- assign a macro to the toolbar
- assign a macro to a ribbon
- place a macro button into a worksheet
- assign a keyboard shortcut to a macro
- write a basic VBA macro
What other learners have said about this course
"I really enjoyed the training, it was clear and easy to follow."
"It was a very well delivered course. I enjoyed it"
"I needed to format (and lock) around 170 separate spreadsheets, so setting up the macro once, then being able to run this many times saved so much time. I worked out that it would have taken me over 8 hours in total to do this manually, whereas it only took around two hours with the macro."
Book your place
To book your place:
- Go to the Employee Self Service booking page
- Select the date you wish to book
- Enter any optional personal objectives you wish to achieve
- Select "Save"
Course dates and times
- Wednesday 27 January 2021, 2:15 to 4:15pm
- Friday 12 February, 10:00am to 12:00 noon
- Thursday 18 March, 2:15 to 4:15pm
If there are no suitable dates/times above, please email us to enquire about future opportunities.