Before you begin
This course is for experienced Microsoft Excel users and assumes you already have a good working knowledge of Excel. You should be confident with using the Windows environment and familiar with using Office. If this is not the case, we recommend you take some of our other Excel courses first. These are linked to at the bottom of this page.
Delivery Method: Tutor led
Course Duration: 2.5 hours
Postgraduates will need to pay £10 to Computing Services reception, 4 East South.
What you will learn
Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet application which you can use to store, manipulate and present data. This course is taught through a mixture of demonstration and hands-on practice. You will learn how to use:
- create IF, IFERROR and nested IF functions
- use AND or OR within an IF function
- create COUNTIF, SUMIF and AVERAGEIF functions to count, sum or average something if a condition is true
- use conditional formatting to highlight cells that meet your criteria or allow a quick comparison of contents
- create and edit HLOOKUP and VLOOKUP functions to find and return values you want from big tables of data
What other learners have said about this course
"Good course, covering a number of useful functions which I needed help with"
"I liked the trainer's flexibility. We were able to ask questions about anything Excel related."
Book your place
A course will need a minimum of 2 attendees to run. Choose a course:
- Friday 28 September 2018, 9:15am to 11:45am
- Tuesday 30 October 2018, 9:15am to 11:45am
- Friday 16 November 2018, 2:15pm to 4:45pm
If you are unable to attend the above advertised date(s), please email us to enquire about future opportunities and to be put on the waiting list.