Before you begin
This course is for experienced Microsoft Excel users and assumes you already have a good working knowledge of Excel. You should be confident with using the Windows environment and familiar with using Office. If this is not the case, we recommend you take some of our other Excel courses first. These are linked to at the bottom of this page.
Delivery Method: Tutor led
Course Duration: 2-2.5 hours
What you will learn
Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet application which you can use to store, manipulate and present data. This course is taught through a mixture of demonstration and hands-on practice. You will learn how to use:
- create and edit IF, IFERROR and nested IF functions
- use AND or OR within an IF function
- create and edit COUNTIF, SUMIF and AVERAGEIF functions to count, sum or average values where a condition is true
- create and edit XLOOKUP, VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP functions to find and return values you want from big tables of data
- apply conditional formatting to highlight cells that meet your criteria or allow a quick comparison of contents
- use the Data Validation and Goal Seek facilities
Book your place
To book your place:
- Go to the Employee Self Service booking page
- Select the date you wish to book
- Enter any optional personal objectives you wish to achieve
- Select "Save"
Course dates and times
- Monday 16th August, 2:00 to 4:15pm
- Friday 24th September, 10:00am to 12:30pm
If there are no suitable dates/times above, please email us to enquire about future opportunities and to be put on our waiting list.
What other learners have said about this course
"Thanks, the course was really helpful. Have recommended to colleagues."
"Good course, covering a number of useful functions which I needed help with"
"John makes working with Excel data quite fun. He demystifies complex data operations by using simpler options. And he is quite helpful and approachable. He answered my Excel questions which were not directly related to the training topic."
"I liked the trainer's flexibility. We were able to ask questions about anything Excel related."
Comments in Chat when signing out of Teams session:
"Excellent session John, thanks a lot"
"Thanks John, great session"
"Really really useful thanks!"
Find a related course
Excel - Get started with spreadsheets
Excel - Create charts to present your data
Excel - Manage your data better
Excel - Create formulae and functions
Excel - Use PivotTables to summarise data
Excel - Introduction to Macros