Before you begin
You should have a basic familiarity with Excel and be able to create and manipulate workbooks. You should also have core knowledge of working with files and folders in the Windows environment. If this is not the case we recommend you first take Excel - Get started with spreadsheets.
Delivery Method: Tutor led
Course Duration: 2 hours
Postgraduates will need to pay £10 to DD&T reception, 4 East South.
What you will learn
Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet application which you can use to store, manipulate and present data. This course is taught through a mixture of demonstration and hands-on practice. You will learn how to:
- create a PivotTable which summarises your data
- filter the data in a PivotTable report
- change how the PivotTable summarises your data, with filters, slicers and formatting
- hide and show subtotals to your PivotTable
- manipulate your new PivotTable to give you more information, including running totals, calculated columns and custom names
- change your PivotTable options
- sort your PivotTable based on the new columns
- create and edit a chart from your PivotTable, called a PivotChart
What other learners have said about this course
"Really pleased with the course. Quickly gained knowledge of Pivot Tables and was surprised at how useful they were!"
"really enjoyed the course and found the slicers and pivot charts particularly interesting – I’m looking forward to trying it all out!"
"Great course! Very helpful!"
"Very good course. Training booklet and exercises easy to follow."
"Extremely well paced and digestible training. I was engaged from the beginning to the end, extremely pleased I attended this training."
" Trainer broke the material down into really easy chunks and made it a great learning experience."
"Perfect course. Introduction was perfect and the course details were set in a way that it did not confuse me. I feel at least 500% more confident in using Pivot Tables. Brilliant course."
"Really helped to demystify the dark art of PivotTables!"
Book your place
To book your place:
- Go to the Employee Self Service booking page
- Select the date you wish to book
- Enter any optional personal objectives you wish to achieve
- Select "Save"
Course dates and times
- Wednesday 29 April 2020, 10:15am to 12:15pm
- Friday 22 May, 10:15am to 12:15pm
Find a related course
Excel - Use advanced functions
Excel - Get started with spreadsheets
Excel - Create charts to present your data
Excel - Manage your data better
Excel - Create formulae and functions
Excel - Introduction to Macros