We have access to research facilities based in our Department of Architecture & Civil Engineering. These include:
- artificial sky with a range of light meters
- acoustics laboratory with sound pressure level meters
- a range of dataloggers and meteorological sensors
- a new hydraulics laboratory with state-of-the-art equipment, including a 7.5m working section flume with wave maker
- computing and software facilities for environmental modelling (CFX and STAR-CCM CFD software; IES for thermal-lighting and respective energy consumption simulations in the built environment)
- Building Research Park (BRP). Our Building Research Park is a facility located at Wroughton Airfield, Swindon. It offers the capability of full-scale research into building materials and systems using 16 re-configurable research buildings. It is home to our HIVE facility. This is an experimental building offering a framework for large-scale, in-situ testing.
- further facilities across the Faculty of Engineering & Design