Before you begin
You should have a basic understanding of the Linux environment.
Delivery Method: Tutor led
Course Duration: 3 hours
What you will learn
The High Performance Computing (HPC) service helps researcher tackle large or complex computational tasks. This course is taught through a mixture of demonstration and hands-on practice. You will learn how to:
- log in to Balena and set up your working environment
- understand what storage is available and how to find the software you want to use
- use and navigate the scheduler
- submit, monitor, debug and manage workloads on Balena
- use interactive nodes for test and development
- use tools to visualise your data
Book your place
Choose a course:
- Tuesday, 6th October, 10:00 – 13:00, Delivery via Microsoft Teams [FULL]
- Tuesday, 10th November, 13:00 - 16:00 Delivery via Microsoft Teams
If you are unable to attend either of the above advertised dates, please email us to enquire about future opportunities and to be put on the waiting list. We are happy to provide training to groups of users on request.
Join our Research Computing Forum (Microsoft Teams) for more information and also view recording from previous session.