Before you begin
You should have a basic understanding of the Linux environment.
Delivery Method: Online Course Duration: 3 hours
What you will learn
The High Performance Computing (HPC) service helps researcher tackle large or complex computational tasks. This course is taught through a mixture of demonstration and hands-on practice. You will learn how to:
- be able to login to the University HPC service, Balena
- understand the different resources and partitions available on Balena
- understand what storage is available on Balena
- be able to find the software you want to use
- understand why we use a scheduler and be familiar with its capabilities.
- know how to create you own jobscript
- be able to submit and manage workloads on Balena
- be able to use interactive nodes for Test and Development
- be able to use use visualisation tools
- know where to find more information and how to ask for help
Join our Research Computing Forum (Microsoft Teams) for more information and also view recording from previous session.