Before you begin
The course presumes you have a working knowledge of another email client, such as Gmail or Yahoo! Mail, and so are familiar with terms such as mailbox, forward, reply and junk mail.
Delivery Method: Tutor led
Course Duration: 2 hours
Postgraduates will need to pay £10 to Computing Services reception, 4 East South.
What you will learn
Outlook is an email client which you can use to send, receive and manage emails and calendar invites. This course is taught through a mixture of demonstration and hands-on practice. You will learn how to:
- create and send emails to one or more people
- Add attachments to emails
- open emails and attachments
- reply to and forward emails
- search for, move and delete emails
- check your junk mail folder and consign emails to it
- set 'Out of Office' to send automatic replies to emails when you're away or on leave
- flag or tag emails to remind yourself they need acting upon
- use the Tasks bar to find flagged emails
What other learners have said about this course
"I learnt some useful things I didn't know existed"
Book your place
A course will need a minimum of 2 attendees to run. Choose a course:
- Tuesday 25 September 2018, 10:15am to 12:15pm
- Friday 26 October 2018, 10:15am to 12:15pm
- Tuesday 27 November 2018, 10:15am to 12:15pm
If you are unable to attend the above advertised date(s), please email us to enquire about future opportunities and to be put on the waiting list.