Before you begin
The course presumes you have a working knowledge of another email client, such as Gmail or Yahoo! Mail, and so are familiar with terms such as mailbox, forward, reply and junk mail.
Delivery Method: Tutor led
Course Duration: 2 hours
Postgraduates will need to pay £10 to DD&T reception, 4 East South.
What you will learn
Outlook is an email client which you can use to send, receive and manage emails and calendar invites. This course is taught through a mixture of demonstration and hands-on practice. You will learn how to:
- create and send emails to one or more people
- Add attachments to emails
- open emails and attachments
- reply to and forward emails
- search for, move and delete emails
- check your junk mail folder and consign emails to it
- set 'Out of Office' to send automatic replies to emails when you're away or on leave
- flag or tag emails to remind yourself they need acting upon
- use the Tasks bar to find flagged emails
What other learners have said about this course
"I learnt some useful things I didn't know existed"
Book your place
To book your place:
- Go to the Employee Self Service booking page
- Select the date you wish to book
- Enter any optional personal objectives you wish to achieve
- Select "Save"
Course dates and times:
If you are unable to attend one of these sessions (or there aren't any listed), please email us to enquire about future opportunities.