Before you begin
The course presumes you have a working knowledge of another email client, such as Gmail or Yahoo! Mail, and so are familiar with terms such as mailbox, forward, reply and junk mail.
Delivery Method: Tutor led
Course Duration: 2 hours
Postgraduates will need to pay £10 to DD&T reception, 4 East South.
What you will learn
Outlook is an email client which you can use to send, receive and manage emails and calendar invites. This course is taught through a mixture of demonstration and hands-on practice. You'll learn how to:
- create appointments and events
- invite other people to your meetings
- respond to other people's meeting invitations
- create recurring meetings/appointments
- track a meeting, to see who has accepted/declined
- understand the different calendar views and how to see other people's calendars with overlay mode
- open other people's calendars
- share your calendar and set calendar permissions to set what people can see/do in your calendar
- change the look of your calendar
What other learners have said about this course
"Learnt some very helpful tips and useful information."
"I picked up some useful tips which I am now using on a daily basis"
Book your place
To book your place:
- Go to the Employee Self Service booking page
- Select the date you wish to book
- Enter any optional personal objectives you wish to achieve
- Select "Save"
A course will need a minimum of 2 attendees to run.
Course dates and times
Please email us to enquire about future opportunities and to be put on the waiting list.