Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
Information available to view online is dependent upon your status under the LGPS.
If you are already a member of LGPS on joining the University or are moving from an LGPS post (grades 1-5) and you are promoted to a grade 6 or above position, you can now elect to remain in LGPS instead of joining the Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS).
If this situation applies to you then you may elect to remain in that scheme by completing the 'Election to remain in an authorised scheme upon commencing a USS eligible post' form found here and return it to the the Pension Office. This form can only be used when you become a USS eligible employee for the first time after 11 December 2017.
Universities Superannuation Scheme
USS provide a series of useful modellers and tools to calculate what your pension will be to help you consider your options.
See the Retirement Income Builder.
The People's Pension
The People's Pension allows members to view and update their online using a secure login. Details of this will be provided in your welcome pack. This also includes details of how to opt out of the scheme if you choose.
For more information on your pension please visit your relevant scheme:
- Avon Pension Fund - Local Government Pension (LGPS)
- Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS)
- The People's Pension
For further information on any other aspect of your retirement plans, we have provided the following links:
- Financial Service Authority - the FSA is an independent, non governmental body that regulates the financial services industry in the UK and aims to promote efficient, orderly and fair financial markets
- Tracing Previous Pensions - your previous employers or pension providers may have moved‚ changed names‚ closed down or merged with other companies. If you have lost track of a company that may owe you a pension‚ it may still be possible to find and claim this money
- State Pension Forecast - gives you more detailed information on the State Pension you may get when you reach state pension age. It is based on your NI contributions record
- State Pension Age Calculator - find out your state pension age by entering your gender and date of birth
- The Pension Service - provides customers with pensions, benefits and retirement information, for example, state pension and pension credit
- Pensions Regulator - the Pensions Regulator are the regulator of work based pensions in the UK and they are working to support confidence in them
- Pension Advisory Service - the Pensions Advisory Service is a non profit organisation that can help people with problems, complaints or disputes about their pension
- Pensions and Retirement Planning - information and practical advice from the UK government on pensions and planning for retirement
- Age UK - Age UK has a vision of a world in which older people flourish. Their aim is to improve later life for everyone through information and advice, campaigns, products, training and research