Pension information for prosopective employees
There are three pension schemes operated by the University of Bath. Terms and Conditions of your Contract of Employment will determine which scheme you are eligible to join and contain brief details of your pension scheme.
Staff on grades 1 to 5 are eligible to join the Avon Pension Fund Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
Casual Workers and External Examiners are eligible to join The People's Pension.
If you have previously opted out of a scheme and wish to rejoin then you will need to inform the Pensions Office in writing.
If you want to opt-out of the pension scheme you will need complete the 'opt-out' form used by the scheme and return this to the Pension Office. The forms are available from the Pension scheme websites. Once you have completed the form, pension deductions will stop being made from your salary.
For further information on any other aspect of your retirement plans, we have provided the following links:
- Financial Service Authority - the FSA is an independent, non governmental body that regulates the financial services industry in the UK and aims to promote efficient, orderly and fair financial markets
- Tracing Previous Pensions - your previous employers or pension providers may have moved‚ changed names‚ closed down or merged with other companies. If you have lost track of a company that may owe you a pension‚ it may still be possible to find and claim this money
- State Pension Forecast - gives you more detailed information on the State Pension you may get when you reach state pension age. It is based on your NI contributions record
- State Pension Age Calculator - find out your state pension age by entering your gender and date of birth
- The Pension Service - provides customers with pensions, benefits and retirement information, for example, state pension and pension credit
- Pensions Regulator - the Pensions Regulator are the regulator of work based pensions in the UK and they are working to support confidence in them
- Pension Advisory Service - the Pensions Advisory Service is a non profit organisation that can help people with problems, complaints or disputes about their pension
- Pensions and Retirement Planning - information and practical advice from the UK government on pensions and planning for retirement
- Age UK - Age UK has a vision of a world in which older people flourish. Their aim is to improve later life for everyone through information and advice, campaigns, products, training and research