Before you begin
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Delivery Method: Tutor led
- Course Duration: 2 hours
Before using Teams, please make sure you have read our guidance on using Teams
What you will learn
Microsoft Teams is the digital hub that brings conversations, content, assignments, files and apps together in one place. This course is taught through a mixture of demonstration and hands-on practice. You will learn how to:
- Understand Team types
- Create and manage Teams
- Use channels
- Add tabs with links to files and apps
- Collaborate on files
- Communicate using chat and conversations
- Manage meetings from Teams
- Use the command box to search for information
- Manage your projects using Planner
- Create and manage notes collaboratively using staff and class notebooks
What other learners have said about this course
"The course gave me the confidence to work with Teams on a regular basis (which has likely saved me time, but I couldn't estimate how much) and made me aware of the different tools available, such as recording meetings, chat, etc."
"Thanks, great course"
"It was an interesting session."
Book your place
To book your place:
- Go to the Employee Self Service booking page
- Select the date you wish to book
- Enter any optional personal objectives you wish to achieve
- Select "Save"
- Friday 25 September 10.15am-12.15pm
- Monday 19 October 2.15pm-4.15pm
- Wednesday 28 October 10.15am-12.15pm
- Tuesday 3 November 10.15am-12.15pm
- Thursday 19 November 2.15pm-4.15pm
- Tuesday 8 December 2.15pm-4.15pm
- Friday 18 December 10.15am-12.15pm
If there are no suitable dates/times above, please email us to enquire about future opportunities and to be put on our waiting list.
Using MS Teams to teach:
We also run a Using MS Teams to Teach course. click here for details.