Terms of reference
- to exercise the functions prescribed in Regulation 8 in relation to the discipline of students.
- Normally Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Learning and Teaching) or Vice-President (Student Experience) (Chair)
- Four Senate members (elected by Senate)
- Up to ten other University staff members (appointed by the Vice-Chancellor)
Normally in attendance
- one student appointed by the Students' Union from a pool of trained students
- Director of Student Services or nominee
- other as agreed by the Chair
- Secretary: Student Casework and Compliance Manager or other member of Academic Governance and Compliance staff
The chair plus two staff members, at least one of whom must be a member of Senate. No member of the Committee shall be a member of the Senate Appeals Committee or Council Appeals Committee
Rules for Voting
To Senate, anonymised, in the unreserved section of the Agenda.
The committee shall be entitled to find that a student has committed the offence to which the charges relates on receiving evidence of conviction for that offence in the civil court.
Appeal process set out in Regulation 8
|Owner:||Student Disciplinary and misconduct Committee|
|Approval Date:||June 1969|
|Date of last review:||14 October 2019|