Terms of reference
- to exercise the functions prescribed in Regulation 8 in relation to the discipline of students.
- Chair (appointed by Senate)
- Four Senate members (elected by Senate)
- Up to twenty other University staff members (appointed by the Vice-Chancellor)
Normally in attendance
- one student appointed by the Students' Union from a pool of trained students
- Director of Student Services or nominee
- Student Discipline Manager, or nominee
- Secretary: Student Discipline Manager, or nominee
- member of Student Discipline team
- other as agreed by the Chair
The chair plus two staff members, at least one of whom must be a member of Senate. No member of the Committee shall be a member of any subsequent Senate Appeals Committee or Council Appeals Committee regarding the same case.
Rules for Voting
To Senate, as an anonymised report, in the unreserved section of the Agenda.
Appeal process set out in Regulation 8
|Owner:||Student Disciplinary and misconduct Committee|
|Approval Date:||June 1969, 14 October 2019 and 9 June 2021|
|Date of last review:||9 June 2021|