Term of Reference
Approved by Council 5 July 2007, Revised 3 July 2008, 16 May 2013.
- (a) to consider and approve, on behalf of the university, the arrangements for commercialisation of university intellectual property where the value of the intellectual property is expected to exceed £250,000;
- (b) to act as a supervisory board in overseeing the University's interest, purchased from University Challenge Funds (UCF) monies in companies and in considering all future investments from available UCF cash.
- (c) to support the acceleration of exploitation opportunities for University intellectual assets which have significant economic and social impact.
- Membership and Appointment of Chair: The Vice-Chancellor is Chair of the Board. The Membership of the Board is approved by Council
- Co-option: See Council Standing Orders 16(iv) and 16(v)
- Alternates: Not permitted (Council Standing Orders 17(iv))
- Quorum: One third of the membership (Council Standing Order 16(vi))
- Minutes: To Council.